Policy regarding the cookie files
Last update: May 2018
This Policy related to the Cookies applies to all the users of https://starperformining.com/ro/. The information below is intended to inform users of this website about the placement, use and administration of cookies by StarPerformining SRL in the context of users browsing on this website.
- What are cookies?
We use the term “cookies” in order to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be automatically collected.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “cookie browser” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a file of small dimension made up of letters and numbers that will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user, by means of which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed through a Web server request to a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies have a fixed duration of existence, remaining “passive” in the sense that they do not contain software programs, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user on whose device they are installed.
A cookie consists of two parts: the name of the cookie; and the content or the value of the cookie.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again, when a user returns to the web page associated with that web-server.
- Purposes for which the cookies are used through this website:
Cookies are used in order to provide the users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely:
• improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur while it is being visited / used by users;
• providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used by StarPerformining SRL as the owner of the website;
Based on cookie sent feedback about the manner in which this website is used, StarPerformining SRL can take actions meant to make this website more efficient and accessible to users.
Thus, using cookies allows the saving of certain settings / preferences set by the users of this website, such as:
• the language in which a web page is viewed;
• facilitation of access to the users’ accounts;
• posting of comments on the site.
- What is the lifetime of cookies?
The Cookies life duration may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which they are placed. There are the following categories of cookies that determine also their lifetime:
• Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes his/her browser.
• Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent cookie” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may occur in a few minutes, days or a few years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
- What are the cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of the content on the web page may be provided through third parties, that is, not by StarPerformining SRL, in which case these cookies are referred to as cookies placed by third parties (“third party cookies”).
These cookies may come from the following third parties: Google Analytics, Facebook.
- Which cookies are used through this website:
By using / visiting the website, the following cookies can be placed:
a. Website performance cookies;
b. User analysis cookies;
c. Cookies for geotargetting;
d. Recording cookies;
e. Cookies for advertising;
f. Advertiser provided cookies;
a. Performance cookies
This type of cookies store the preferences of the user of this website, so setting the preferences again in case of a subsequent web page visit is no longer necessary.
b. User analysis cookies
These cookies let us know if a particular user of the website has previously visited / used this web page. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only.
c. Cookies for geo-targeting
These cookies are used by a software that determines the country of origin of the user of the website. The same ads will be received regardless of the selected language.
d. Recording cookies
When you register on this site, cookies are generated that memorize this request. Servers use these cookies to show us the account you are registered with. Also, using these cookies allows us to associate any comments posted on the website with the username of the account used. If the “Keep me logged-in” option has not been selected, these cookies will be deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session.
e. Cookies for advertising
These cookies allow us to find out which users visualized an online ad, its type, and the time elapsed since the advertising message was viewed. As such, such cookies are used to target online publicity. These cookies are anonymous, storing information about the viewed content, but not about the users.
- What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small size text file that allows for browser recognition. This website recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
- Customization of browser settings for cookies
If the computer or technical equipment used to navigate on this website is used by several people, the setting for deleting individual browsing data can be considered for whenever the browser is closed.
- How can cookies be stopped?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, resulting in limitations of possibilities for its being used.
Users can configure their browser to reject cookie files or to accept cookies from a particular web page only.
All modern browsers offer the possibility of changing cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in your browser’s “options” or in the “preferences” menu.
However, denying or disabling cookies does not mean you will not get online advertising – just that it will not be tailored to your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior.
In order to understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari
• For any additional questions about how cookies are used through this website, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org